Power Pilot Firmware Updates

It has been just over a month since we started this endeavor and I am happy to say that we are making great progress and also really enjoying the feedback we are getting from everyone (both the good and the bad).

A reoccurring theme to many of our conversations is that the power pilot is doing some wacky things - and we totally agree.  We want everyone to know that we think we have fixed many of the issues that were putting people off and are working hard to make sure we do right by our customers.  If you have an issue - please don't hesitate to let us know!

We would also like to thank everyone for sticking by us and the revolution because, like you, we believe we have the highest quality professional trainer on the market.  We look forward to great things in the near future and can't wait to tell you more!

Until then...please enjoy this firmware update.

Update my Power Pilot!

Discussion

Pierre Griffioen said on January 15, 2014:

I am from South Africa and imported a Lemond & Power Pilot as there is no supplier in SA. Therefore no backup. So far I am very happy with my Le Mond but is unable to open my data files on my PC. What program do I need to open these files? Can you help please?

Ian Jeremiah said on January 07, 2014:

Are you going to release Power Pilots for your trainers?
Or are you making it compatible with Garmin units?
I have several customers considering purchasing your training but want a power reading.

Thanks
Ian

Stephen said on November 08, 2013:

you can convert your CSV powerpilot to TCX using an online convertor
this will enable you to upload to Garmin and Strava and Golden Cheetah
only it does not work all the time, sometimes the CSV file is corrupt!

Kimball Cole said on October 04, 2013:

Any progress at all on firmware updates. I’m having an issue with the Power Pilot not correctly syncing with my Garmin FP70 watch. Occasionally the watch starts up without my touching the PP start button. Other times the PP starts into countdown mode starting with 10 minutes. This all appears to have started with the latest firmware release.

Brett Hanlon said on May 25, 2013:

How are you progressing with further firmware updates?

Any progress towards transmitting via Gamin 800’s and / or Smart phone devices via ANT.? Or has there been any ability to write files to GPX to assist with transferring training data into Gamin Connect or Strava?

Thanks.

LeMond Customer Support said on April 27, 2013:

Hi Marcello – before installing the new firmware update I would like to see what version you have currently installed. To check your firmware version press and hold HR/KCAL for two seconds. If you see 63 in the lower right quadrant of your screen then you have the most recent release.

If you do not see 63 – you can download the firmware by clicking on the link in our blog post. Depending on your browser settings, the firmware may be downloaded automatically or you may be redirected to a screen with unreadable code. If the latter occurs you must save the file to your computer as FB611.hex. The file must be named FB611.hex for this to work. To do this, go to file→sava as… or right click the browser window and select “save as…”

Once you have the firmware .hex file it must be transferred to a USB flash device. Finally, remove the batteries from the back of your power pilot and insert the USB flash device. Now replace the batteries with the flash device still inserted into the unit. The firmware will be installed automatically. To check for success you can press and hold HR/KCAL again. Remember that the most current version is V63 so you will see the number 63 in the lower right quadrant of your screen.

Please contact us at 612-486-5755 for further support or try posting to our community support forum at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lemondrevolution

Marcello paraense said on April 23, 2013:

Im really upset with my power pilot i ve never manage use mine and now i figure out that it has an update ,but i dont know how to do it. Can you help me please.